Monday 15 July 2013

July 2013 GlossyBox - Seaside Splash

At last I have found something to post about. Hurrah. It is a beauty post too. Hurrah x2.

Saturday brought me this months GlossyBox & what a gorgeous box it is.
For those that do not know about Glossybox. It is a monthly subscription service (£10 +P&P - roughly £13 altogether.) The box contains normally 5 beauty items. Some will be full sized, others will be smaller sample sizes. Normally what you receive will far exceed what you paid & right now I think GlossyBox are right on the game with the products they send.

The theme for July is Seaside Splash.

(July GlossyBox. How cute is this box?)

It comes with the usual leaflet. With an introduction from GlossyBox. As well as the details about each item enclosed.  
(I did not want to undo this parcel today as keen as I was to check out the contents.) 



Your perfect "Seaside Splash" summer companion! Forget perfectly primped hair, and instead opt for effortlessly tousled, "just-back-from-the-beach" waves with this weightless mist. Adds texture, volume & healthy shine to all skin types.
To apply :- spray on damp or dry hair from roots to ends and shape with fingers for a loose tousled style. 

 Full size of this is £23.00 for 125 ml. 
My maths ( which is not at all good) works my sample bottle of 25 ml to be around £4.75.

I don't use a lot of products on my hair so unsure if I will use it. I will do a review if I do get round to trying it our though.


Pukka Ayerveda Radiance Serum

Your go-to beauty secret for achieving that highly coveted "summer glow," this wonder serum , enriched with aloe vera and manuka honey, will leave your skin feeling fresh and bright. Gotu kola and lemon balm tone and brighten your complexion , while pukka's signature blend of Ayurvedic herbs to naturally revitalise and restore your skin. Free from parabens, petrochemicals  synthetic fragrances and colours.

To apply :- Apply a thin layer to your face and neck before moisturising.  

Full size is £32.00 for a 50ml tube. This is a 10ml tube so again with dodgy working out I think this tube is worth around £6.40. Which is rather a lot for the size of it!! 

I've only tested it on my hand so far. Not keen on the smell too much as I am not high on herbally scents in my skincare stuff. However , it has left the section on my hand very smooth & soft plus I do love a serum anyway. To be fair also the smell fades nice & quick too. 

Ciate London Paint Pot

We're excited to feature one of our all-time favourite nail brands, Ciate. With a range of on-trend colours, you'll be hitting the beach in style. Ciate's wide range of amazingly pigmented & long lasting shades guarantees a flawless, even finish every time.
The cheery on the top? WE can't get enough of the iconic satin bow gracing each beautifully designed bottle. 

This is a full sized bottle. A 13.5 ml bottle costs £9.

I was really excited by this. I love a good nail polish anyway & really wanted to try some of these after seeing other bloggers etc talk about them. How cute are the bottles? I am a sucker for packaging.
Mine comes in the shade Pocket Money (PP107.) A really nice dusky rose colour. Application is amazing. I have never painted my nails as quick before. I applied it Saturday eve. There are a few chips but that is down to me being a busy mum rather than the polish at fault. I now need to add a few more to my collection. A definite hit with me :-)!

Coola Organic Suncare Collection|Mineral Face SPF 20 Rose Essence Tint

WE love this tough but gentle multi-tasker. Coola Organic's Suncare Collection is hypoallergenic, free from parabens & packed with antioxidants. It provides complete UVA/UVB protection & fights free radicals, while soothing, toning & minimizing pores. Organic Acai Oil delivers powerful anti-ageing benefits , while organic Evening Primrose & Linseed Oils reduce inflammation & balance moisture. 

It says you will have sun protection for 30 minutes after applying. The American Cancer society recommends re-applying every 2 hours whilst in direct sunlight of after swimming/sweating.

Full size 50ml tube is £29.00 .My 7ml is around £4.20.

I have used it because I always apply sunscreen to my face. I don't like it. All i can smell when applying is a horrid plastic smell. YUK! I shall use the tube up as it means I am leaving my beloved Clinique one alone atm but I would not buy a full size of this.

Lastly....

Anatomicals|Spray misty for me facial spritz

Sorry i couldn't find a link for this. I will search again later & try to add.

Anyway  the blurb -
Our current obsession in the Glossy office: ultra-hydrating facial mists = the number one summer essential. This facial spritz with calming lavender & refreshing peppermint extracts helps re-hydrate & calm skin, Wonderful every day, during flights, at the beach, in the city or in the office. We love that this is suitable for all skin types.
To apply : Simply spritz face after cleansing or over make up to refresh & set make up. 

This is full sized. 100ml is £6.00

Not sure about this. I tested it before applying to my face & it was a bad scent at all. But I don't like it when sprayed to my face. TBH i couldn't see what it was meant to do. My face certainly didn't feel better for it, although thankfully the smell seems to go very quickly. I'll probably use it because I don't like to to throw things out & I am not sure who else would use it. 

So totting up the total of this box , it comes in at around £30. Not bad really , although previous months have been better. Quite happy with most items too if I can get over the smell of some too.

Thank you for reading my 1st proper post. Be kind please with any comments as this is my 1st review of any kind. I am interested to hear what other people think of the ones I do like & the ones I am not so sure of.

*NOTE* These are my views only on these products. I am not telling you what you should like as everyone is different.

I will speak to you all soon
Amanda 
x

No comments:

Post a Comment