Wednesday 28 August 2013

August 2013 Beauty Favourites

It's that time again for the monthly favorites. There is not many as I think some of these are crossed over from July too because that is how much I love them & 2 of them are from my project pan too so I am trying to stick to stuff that is included in that.

Oh & I know I said that I would include all favourites not just beauty but quite frankly there is nothing for the non beauty this month & I am not going to choose things for the sake of it. 


Urban Decay Naked 2 eye-shadow palette - do I really need to say much about this? There can't be anyone left in the beauty world who is not aware them.
A few people do not like this one as much as Naked 1. I don't actually own the 1st one so I cannot really compare them. I do however love this palette very much. I have reached for this several times this month & can see me doing so for the foreseeable future too. My favourites right now are bootycall & suspect. 

Superdrug Body Butter in Cranberry & Pomegranate - One of my items in my project pan & I am loving it. It smells divine like angel delight desserts or similar. It sinks in really well so no feeling sticky for ages afterwards just this lovely aroma!! Right now they are buy one get one fee at Superdrug so get there make the most of it. I am not allowed as I have so many body butters in my drawer right now. 

Garnier BB cream in Light - sorry, another item included last month & also another PP thing. I still love it as I use it in place of a liquid foundation throughout the warmer months. I only need to touch up in places with concealer & set with a powder & it looks great for hours at a time. When it is gone I will buy it but not in any hurry as I have an MUA one to use as well & some CC creams as well.

Lush Lip Scrub in Mint Julip - last one that was in last months ( I promise to try & make them a bit more varied for future.) It really helps keep my lips in great condition. I only use it in the evening as I use the Clinique all about lips for day time. I am still waiting to go to my nearest store & pick up another one... or has anyone a recommendation for another I should try??

Maybelline Superstay 24 Dual Ended Lipstick in Rose Dust - whilst a Maybelline lipstick appeared in last months favourite this month i have a new favourite shade. I tend to choose colours very similar as I don't think anything too bright suits me at all. Maybe I need to be more daring though. But for now I am loving these more subtle shades of pinks. As you know also I need a lipstick that I am not going to have to reapply as with children I don't have time for that. I like to pop my make-up on in the morning & no I am not going to have to maintain it all day long. These are just perfect for that. 


Inside my Urban Decay Naked 2 palette.

Thank you for reading. Tell me your favourites. Let me know if you have used theses items mentioned & your thoughts on them.
I am always on the look out for a lipsticks that last for a while so any recommendations welcome.

Amanda xxx

2 comments:

  1. I love the Lush Lip Scrubs! I am using the Mint one too atm :) Would love to get the Urban Decay Naked Set! You have some really nice favs!

    Lorraine x
    http://lollikelly.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete