Sunday 2 February 2014

January 2014 | Beauty Favourites

Time for another lot of beauty favourites. I found it quite easy this month & could have actually included twice the amount. I did however, manage to whittle it 10 items. 

Apologies for the small photo. My one thing this year is to learn how to make my photos look better both during the taking & the editing afterwards. If anyone has any tips on editing then let me know. ATM this photo is on the "large" setting as the extra large ( which is the better one) makes the photo go over the page too far into the links on the side.

Anyway, on-ward with the beauty faves.


Face & Body

The Body Shop | Cranberry Joy Shower Gel - Although this is more of a festive scent as I love it so much I am happy to continue using it until I use it up. Possibly because January can be that dark , cold & slow month so this keeps the memories of Xmas past alive. I don't think the smell lingers too much but it lathers really well & my skin feels soft afterwards too. I have put in an order recently with The Body Shop & added another to my basket to pop away for the winter months later this year.

Garnier | Daily Energising Gel Wash - with extracts of grapefruit, pomegranate & vit c. Bought mainly because I am fond of things that smell of Pink Grapefruit. I do like it though for what it does. My face feels amazing after use & I thin it really is helping me lately to have a better base for my make-up. I won't be buying it again though , at least not for a while as like most of my back ups I have several other facial washes etc to use. 

Soap & Glory | Peaches & Clean 4 in 1 Wash Off Deep Cleansing Milk - I got this in my special edition box at Xmas ( thanks Santa.) OMG love it! The peach smell is truly amazing. I am not sure it is as good as the Garnier gel wash but it still does a good job. Plus the peachy smell is nice & subtle to carry round for a while.

Clarins | One Step Facial Cleanser - with Orange Extracts. OMG!!! I love this! I love this!! They need to make this into a room re freshener. The smell of this is amazing! The Orange extract just mingles with THAT Clarins smell & I go to sleep so easily atm, that I am sure it is this helping!! Definite repurchase when used up even though I have other brands to use too. 

Hands & Feet

Caudalie | Hand & Nail Cream - I did not like this to start with. Interestingly though despite its herbally smell it gas started to grow on me as I decided it smells like Earl Grey tea & I love that stuff! Great job on the hands. Does takle a teeny bit longer than some to sink in but as I only use hand cream at bedtime this is not really too much of an issue. I won't be re-purchasing as I have tons of hand products for the next century! 

The Body Shop | Cooling Foot Lotion - Almost empty as it was only a small bottle. Despite smelling lovely ( I feel the worse the lotion smells the better job it does...) it does a great job  on my feet. As I have said before I do get bad dry cracked heels so any cream does have a helluva job to do. This is definitely up to it. No re-purchase at this stage as instead I bought the Foot rescue instead & I am currently using the Soap & Glory one - which DOES smell foul!

Ciate | Paint Pot in Pocket Money ( PP107 ) - I really love Ciate paint pots. I got this in a beauty box & really like it very much. Glides on the nails & quick to dry. To be honest they got me at the pretty little bottle!

Make-Up

Urban Decay | Naked 3 - A new edition to my collection. Whilst I actually prefer my Naked 2 I do think this is worthy of its place in my favourites. I am having fun playing around with all the new colours & slowly learning what looks better with what. Pretty colours that last ages.

MUA | Heaven & Earth Palette - A palette of brown "earthy" colours this is what I usually go for a day to day basis. Lots of colours that I love & prefect for the days when I don't want to pop too much on my eyes. At only £4 too it is a helluva lot of product for your money.

Estee Lauder - Pure Color Eyeshadow in Cyber Silver ( 04 ) - I bought this on a  whim as whilst I do like a grey eye look I was unsure whether I would get much use out of this to warrant spending so much for one eye-shadow. Needless to say it is worth it. Another that I like to wear on the days when I don't have so much time. I generally wear this on its own as I think it is so beautiful.

That brings us to the end of another favourites. I hope you have enjoyed reading this. Let me know your January faves. Link me to any blog posts or you tube videos of your favourites as I love to read/watch them all.

Amanda xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment