Saturday 1 March 2014

Beauty Favourites || Feb 2014

Time for another round of beauty products favourites, this time for the month of Feb. I actually found this hard to keep this as short as I have because I could have probably included another 10 products to it!!





Macadamia Flawless 6 in 1 || This was a product that the lovely Essie Button had raved about in a blog post recently. With a £20 price tag I was a little bit cagey about purchasing this but I was so intrigued that I just to give it a go.  Containing Macadamia Oil & Argan Oil it smells divine. Designed to be an all in one item for washing & conditioning your hair( you don't wash your hair before applying) I was not sure how this would really work. However, I gave it a go expecting my hair to be ultra greasy once it dried , only to to be surprised by lovely glossy locks! I don't know I would buy it again right when I run out as it is a little expensive to keep buying again & again. Who knows when I do run out I may change my mind.


Bumble & Bumble Creme De Coco Masque || Another hair product that I love. I do love my hair masks & was wanting to try this & grabbed a tube when I was on Space NK on a trip to London. Apply after shampooing. You are meant to leave it for 7 minutes ( or longer) but I am a busy mum so I had to shorten this to about 4 I think. You can also wrap in a towel & leave over night. Straightaway after rinsing I noticed how lovely & smooth my hair was. It is really soft for about a day or 2. 


No 7 Bath Soak || I received this with the box I got after Xmas. Love it. Gives off tons of lovely soft bubbles. I don't get to have very long baths so don't get to use bubble bath often as it is not worth wasting the bubbles. However even a 5 min bath with this can make all the difference to a busy day.


Nip & Fab Body Butter in Pistachio || I spoke about this in my bath & shower care I believe. When I 1st opened this I was not sure at all as the scent was quite overpowering. thankfully once transferred to the skin it becomes quite a nice subtle scent. Not one I would actually usually veer towards so it makes a change for me. It sinks in really week & I feel lovely & moisturised for ages. The scent whilst it fades lasts a while. 


NSPA Body Butter in Mango || Rob got me this for Xmas along with the raspberry one. I like this very much. Another one that sinks quickly so you are not left feeling a little greasy for ages. The mango scent is a nice subtle one. I am looking forward to giving the raspberry one a try. 


Natio Ageless Illuminating Primer || I got this from Look Fantastic when I bought the Macadamia Flawless. I am always looking to try new primers as I could not seem to find one I really liked. We know from my Nars review that I fell in love with the sample I got given of the Light Optimizing Primer so I do have the full sized now anyway. However , I have been quite impressed by this one from Natio too. My make-up seems to last for  quite a while to the point where a few hours later my make-up looks like it is newly applied. I don't like the scent of it much but this does not linger at all. The product comes out the tube in quite a thin cream & this seems to work well for me. 
Would I repurchase? Quite possibly as I cannot justify the Nars price all the time.


Nars Blusher In Orgasm || A lovely pale peach colour. This suits my skin so well. It is very pigmented but easy to apply & build up to a brighter colour if you want it. 


Soap & Glory "Glow All Out" Luminizing Powder || When I 1st looked at this I was a bit worried that the colour would be way too much & too glittery. I need not have worried. The pinky colour does not transfer to your skin ( I use this on my cheek bones above my blusher) & the sparkle just looks like a lovely healthy glow. 


Soap & Glory Thick & Fast Mascara || I got this in the limited edition box at Xmas. I love this. Applies well, lasts ages & does not smudge. 

The Body Shop Hand Gel in Satsuma || I wouldn't as a rule include one these but I love the smell of this so much I just had too. I apply hand gels a lot throughout my day so do go through loads of it. This is by far my favourite  ( although I do love the Soap & Glory one as well.) I am nearly out of this but as I have so many other hand gels it is not really something I need to buy again - although if I was passing a shop it might not be as bad...! 

That's brings us to the end for another month. I hope you have enjoyed reading this. Let me know what products you are loving this month. Leave me links to your own favourites  posts / you tube videos too.

Amanda xx

No comments:

Post a Comment