Thursday 8 May 2014

Beauty Product Empties #9

More empty products for you today. I have no idea why us beauty fans like to look at other peoples trash like this , but it is seriously great fun! haha! I didn't think I had used as much up as been mixing up a lot of late so didn't think I was getting through very much. How wrong I was!

Now you must know me by now! The Dove deodorant( this time in Pomegranate & lemon gerbera scent) and Batiste dry shampoo ( usually in tropical) are ALWAYS In my empties. I long time fan of both & that will continue for the time being.
This shower gel from I Love Cosmetics ( in mango & papaya) seemed to last me forever. In the beginning I loved it as these are my favourite kind of scents & it washed me well. I even featured it in a favourites. Over time though I grew so bored with it & was actually very pleased to finish it. 

This Clarins Eau De Jardins Uplifting Shower Gel is a 10ml sample I received after an order I placed online. I did choose it myself as I am always keen to try new scents etc. Wasn't for me though at all. I felt it was quite a masculine scent & did not do anything for me all.

Nspa body butter in Mango was quite a pleasant surprise. Bought for me for Xmas along with the Raspberry one by hubby from Asda , I was not sure how good they would be. It is lovely. Not a strong fragrance but it does last a while on the skin. I don't think it would be good for anyone who has to be out quick in the mornings because it takes a few mins longer than my almost instant dry Body Shop ones but overall I am impressed. I have only just started the raspberry one & as I am using 3/4 different brands it will be a while before I use it up. I did spot they do a Pink Grapefruit one too , which I have an obsession with so think I may have to cheekily buy that on a next Asda trip even though I have body creams coming out my ears!

Now this... this I just love. I would love for Clarins to create this scent from the One Step Cleanser ( Orange Extract) into a room refresher or better still a car air freshener. It is divine. A fantastic one step cleanser & the scent stays with me all night long ( I only use of an evening.) I do have another bottle ready to go but I am saving it & using up my No7 Cleansing water instead.

This was another surprise for me. The whole beauty world seems to be obsessed with the Emma Hardie Cleansing Balm & usually this can be a clue to me that it is probably a bit over hyped. So I treated myself to a little gift set from Feel Unique which included a 15ml jar. Well in the beginning I couldn't see what the fuss was about. It was scary to start as I was convinced I would have a horrid greasy face. Thankfully despite my reservations it was perfectly fine .I was only using in the morning ( the smell of Moringa is lovely though so this was the only plus at that point) until one evening I was feeling a bit lazy & took my whole make-up off ( eyes included ) & I am now hooked! Removed it to the point where there was hardly a trace left on my skin & made my skin feel totally amazing. I am gutted it is used up but will have to wait to buy the full version as I am currently using the Clinique "Take The Day Off" cleansing balm instead (jury out still) & plus the hefty  price tag ( a whopping £36 ) make it a not so quick repurchase.

I am not enamored with the No7 Toner at all really. I bought it last year in one of their 3 for 2 plus £5 off voucher deals. Really I love my Clinique Clarifying Lotion (2) but this was the cheaper option at the time. I think I still have 2 more bottles so not sure if I will use them or sell them on yet. I'll think on it.

This Clarifying Lotion from Clinique came in a goodie bag. It is the wrong one for me though so unfair to say any thing bad as it was just not for my skin type at all ( number 1 if for very dry to dry.)

Another present in my stocking from hubby. I would probably not have purchased the Simple "Kind To Eyes" eye make-up remover myself otherwise. However , it does a nice job. Nice & gentle & gets off even the hardest to remove mascara quite well. With a price tag of £3.25 I would happily buy it again when the need arises. 


This you have seen in an empties not that long ago. I cannot believe I have used up a 2nd pot so quickly. Clarins Extra-Firming Neck Cream is amazing. I always say it has that classic Clarins scent ( which they should bottle again I reckon.)  I think it did make a difference to my neck & decollete area. I won't be buying it any when soon though so if you know of cheaper alternatives let me know in the comments. 

I bought the Clarins Eye Contour Balm in error, meaning to buy the Eye Contour GEL. Easy mistake with a brain like mine! I can't say the balm did much. I did cut it open to use every last drop as being mid ban at the time I needed to keep it as long as I could. I did not notice it doing anything different to cheaper eye creams anyway. So another non re-purchase there.

I bought the Body Shop eau de toilette in Moringa as an alternative to a body spray & to refrain from using too much perfume. It was OK. It certainly didn't hold the scent like the body mist I used. I would not buy this again.

Bath & Body Works have been on my to try list for ages. I have used a couple of shower gels ( hits with me ) & I decided to give the anti-bac gel a try too. Mine is in Caribbean Escape. It's OK. Whilst the gel does a good enough job of sinking in & doing that job OK, I found the alcohol content ( 68%) just totally over powered the scent & so I was having to wash my hands anyway. I do have another one called "Tuscan Vineyard" I am using which thankfully does NOT have the same overpowering scent. I won't bother buying them again. They were just to try & the price of them is not worth it.

last in this post we have the Clinique Bottom Lash Mascara. Pretty much dried out but pretty much empty too so in the bin it goes. I did love it but have no plans to buy it again at this point.

So, well done if you made it to the end of this post. Leave links to your product empties posts/ you tube vids.

No comments:

Post a Comment