Friday 6 February 2015

Cheese Straws


I woke this morning - well Wednesday morning - with a desire to make some Cheese Straws. My recipe came from All Recipes.

I adjusted things slightly. For instance , I thought 450g of cheese seemed an awful lot & as I only had about 250g grated in a bag so that is all I used.

I also added 2 table spoons of Colman's dry mustard powder as although there is no mention in this recipe , it is usually a staple of such recipes.

Lastly, I was the 3 reviews it had & the last one mentioned they also added an egg as the recipe seemed too dry. I agreed with this & beat an egg. I actually only used about half of it & this was plenty enough to do the job.

Here they are  all  their ready for the oven splendor...

...and all baked! They look much better in real life, my camera did not want to pick up how lovely & yellow they look.

I thought the amount I used of cheese was OK. I think Rob when he tries them will say add the full amount next time but personally I think they taste just fine.

Mine have been made into just flat straws but if you want you can get all fancy & make them into Cheese twists!

If you try this recipe, let me know how it goes.

Amanda x

No comments:

Post a Comment